Classis California South meets Sunday, May 19 at the Crosspoint CRC in Chino, California beginning at 4:00 pm.
Vision: "Classis California South is a diversified growing group of 50 outreaching, discipling and biblically based reformed churches in the year 2020 with at least two thirds of the churches being organized churches."
Mission: As a classis, we are committed to three basic purposes: accountability, encouragement, and shared ministry for the church of the classis.
- We value the local congregation. The primary place for ministry is in and through the local congregation.
- We value a shared commitment to the Great Commission. Those congregations who desire to be part of this classis must have a passion for the “mission of God”.
- We value a shared commitment to the Reformed Faith. Those congregations who desire to be part of this classis must have a passion for and commitment to the historic doctrines of the Reformation.
- We value efficiency and effectiveness. There is a commitment amongst the churches to avoid a burdening effect of bureaucracy and “busy work” by streamlining any and all teams in their work and reporting.of the classis.
Ten Month Commitment (February-December 2013)
- Make prayer and testimony significant parts of each of the next two classis meetings. Completion date: October 2013. Classis team assigned: Classis Prayer Team.
- Include network events for inspiration, information sharing, community-building on the days of each classis meeting. Completion date: October 2013. Classis team assigned: Classis Executive Team.
- A plan for a Classis Diaconal Team will be proposed to classis at its May 2013 meeting with a team established by the end of 2013. Classis Team assigned: Classis Executive Team.
- Two new churches daughtered. Completion date: December 2013. Classis Team assigned: Church Development Team.
- Create and implement a plan to train pastors, council members, staff, and lay leaders in the church to be mentors and teachers in the congregations and community. The plan includes providing references and resources on how to become discipling churches. Completion date: December 2013. Classis Team assigned: Classis Leadership Development Team.
- Schedule visits with five churches to help them do an evaluation and share with them the resources so that those churches will become more externally focused. Completion date: December 2013. Classis Team assigned: Church Development Team.
Classical Clerk: Email Pastor Will Verhoef firstname.lastname@example.org
Classical Treasurer: Email Dave De Koekkoek Dave@ddktax.com